Mr. Thing - Portable Anorak

Originally Posted on
Thursday, October 23,2008


UK's Mr. Thing, formally from the Skratch Perverts, released a new mix about two months ago. Yeah I'm a little late on this but I figure, like me, most of ya'll haven't heard this mix yet. Those of you who are knowledgeable about Thing's work know he has an incredible ear for good funky breaks. I don't know where he finds these usually unheard of joints but I just glad he finds them gives us all an opportunity to hear these gems.

There's no tracklisting and it's damn shame there isn't one. That joint at the 15 minute mark..OMG! Incredible dope! Throughout the mix you will hear various songs DJ Premier sampled. You'll hear samples for Jay Z's "So Ghetto"(27 minute mark) , Nas,KRS One & Rakim's"Classic" (29 minute mark) and a Gangstarr joint (30 minute mark) I forgot the name to.To those new to Domeshots and Fat Laces click on the tag/label for Mr. Thing at the bottom of this post to hear more his great break mixes.

One more thing 'Anorak' is british slang for someone who interested in what most people would find boring. Similar to the US term geek. As well as another name for a parka. So "Portable Anorak" is kind a play on words.


Mr. Thing
Portable Anorak (2008) |121 MB|




http://www.sendspace.com/file/khzsum


Source:
I found this link on a number blogs and forums so I'm not going give any one blog credit.


Archived

The Dynamic Hamza 21®

Hip Hop since 1982.

1 comment:

The Dynamic Hamza 21® said...

UVE
October 29, 2009 6:42 AM

Besides the talented mixing of Mr. Thing, the selection is do-do-dope!!! These cuts got flavour and lots of feeling...
I'd love to check the tracklist. But I must accept these are diggers' secrets and that I must find the treasures by myself checking crates... :D
Peace.