DJ Mane One - 62

Mane One dropped this mix of funky soul the Wednesday before Thanskgiving. Many of tunes may be familiar to many of you but for most these funky joints will leave you wanting more.




Jive Turkey - one who speaks as though they know what they're talking about but is sadly mistaken. A bullshitter.

I think of funky Soul music when I imagine a jive turkey. So I get that 1970s funky soul feel when I think of that word. The songs that stand out for me in this mix are Baby Huey's Hard Times, Aaron Neville's Hercules, Marvin Gaye's Soon I'll Be Loving You Again, and The Staple Singers' Let's Do It Again.
Mane One







DJ Mane One
30 Minute Mix:
62 (2010) | 44 MB|




Freddie's Dead - Curtis Mayfield
Hard Times - Baby Huey
Get Out My Life Woman - Lee Dorsey
I Gotcha - Joe Tex
Mighty Mighty - Baby Huey
Anti Love Song - Betty Davis
Soon I'll Be Loving You Again - Marvin Gaye
Food For Funk - The JBs
Hercules - Aaron Neville
Can't Take My Eyes Off You - The Ambassadors
Let's Do It Again - The Staple Singers
Serenade For A Jive Turkey - The New Birth







Archived

The Dynamic Hamza 21®

Hip Hop since 1982.

No comments: