Hamza 21 - The Roots Part II

The Roots is my favorite Hip Hop group of all time. It was the crew from Philly that revived my love for Hip Hop with their album "Do U Want More".

At the time in 1994 Hip Hop as culture changed greatly from the early days in the 80's. All the aspects of culture starting to go underground and separate becoming subcultures within the greater Hip Hop culture. What was once an unified culture of the few became a separated culture of the many. Within that backdrop my attachement to the culture and music was waning but then a good friend of mine Bee255 gave me his cassette copy of DUWM by The Roots. I must have listened to that cassette ten times a day everyday for three months straight. The fusion of tight rhymes over live instrumentals struck me exactly like the first time when I heard Run DMC in early 80's. It reminded all the things I loved about the culture and the music.

Fast forward to the present I always had a idea to make a mix dedicated to The Roots and when I heard fellow dj/blogger Pipomixes The Roots mix (Here) I knew it was the right time to finally produce a mix of my own. Instead of making a Best of mix with tunes from the groups numerous albums I decided to follow Pipo's lead and start where he left off. The mix by Pipomixes featured tunes from Do U Want More to Game Theory. This Part II features songs from Game Theory to How I Got Over. I also included a few tunes released before 2008 but most the tunes come from the albums: Rising Down,Game Theory and How I Got Over.

Well there it is my long explanation of this mix until my next mix coming in December enjoy the tunes.




The Dynamic Hamza 21
The Roots Part II
(2011) | 71 MB|







The Roots ft. Monsters Of Folk - Dear God 2.0
Questlove - Goodbye Isaac
Tracie Spencer - It's All About You (Not About Me) (The Roots Remix)
Maroon 5 - Sunday Morning (Questlove Remix)
The Roots ft. Mos Def - Rising Down
The Roots ft. John Legend - The Fire
The Roots ft. Mercedes Martinez - Clock With No Hands
The Roots ft. Truck North & Dice Raw - Walk Alone
Planet Asia ft. Black Thought - Over Your Head
Jay Z & The Roots ft. Jaguar Wright - Heart of the City (Ain't No Love)
Black Thought ft. Stevie Wonder - Been Thru The Storm
The Roots ft. Maimouna Yousef - Don't Feel Right
The Roots ft. Truck North - Bread and Butter
Bobby Hutcherson - Montara (The Roots Remix)
The Roots ft. Blu & Patty Crash - The Day
The Roots ft. Dice Raw & Wadud Ahmad - The Grand Return
The Roots ft. Malik B - Lost Desire
Johanna Newsom - The Book Of Right On
The Roots ft. Joanna Newsom - Right On
Phillip Michael Thomas - She's A Liar (Questlove Remix)
John Legend & The Roots - Our Generation (The Hope of the World)
The Roots ft. Malik B - I Can't Help It
The Roots - 75 Bars (Black's Reconstruction)
The Roots ft. Dice Raw - How I Got Over
The Roots - The Bottle (Live)


New Link (02.17.2012):


Or




Archived

The Dynamic Hamza 21®

Hip Hop since 1982.

2 comments:

pipomixes said...

Excellent mix. I feel honored to have inspired such quality work. Is is it cool if I post it in a few days?

The Dynamic Hamza 21® said...

Thanks Pipo.

Sure,I have no problem with anybody reposting my mixes.