DJ Phyz Ed - 92.3 The Beat Mix


Last year I mentioned I had some recordings of a few mixes from 92.3 The Beat from 1995 (Here) now I'm finally getting around to posting one of them.

For those who are unaware of DJ Phyz Ed was very well known Hip Hop deejay from Pomona that in the early 90's used to mix live on a Hip Hop show on KSPC and at various underground Hip Hop events around the Inland Empire and Los Angeles area. As far as I know this was Phyz Ed's first appearance on the hugely popular 92.3 The Beat. It was a short set of only around 20 minutes however since I was recording many mixes at that time I deleted the last 10 minutes since, if I remember correctly, he played some of the same songs as other deejays used in their mixes,which I already have recorded before. At the time I didn't think having 2 mixes from different deejays that used the some of the same songs was worth keeping. Yeah looking back that was dumb move but anyhow enjoy this piece of history.

Note: The audio is not pristine, there is plenty of static and interference since here in San Bernardino the LA radio station didn't come in clear. I'm no expert at audio editing so it's the best I could do without severely damaging the audio. Moreover I recorded this mix towards the end of Side A and beginning of Side B of a 90 minute tape so there's a break in sound after "I Got 5 On It".








DJ Phyz Ed
92.3 The Beat Mix
(1995) |18 MB|





Above The Law - Kalifornia
The Nonce - Mixtapes
The Luniz - I Got 5 On It
Raekwon ft. Ghostface Killah - Can It Be All So Simple (Remix)
Unknown Instrumental






Archived

The Dynamic Hamza 21®

Hip Hop since 1982.

2 comments:

Eric Nord said...

You're from San Bernardino? Right on. I grew up in Riverside. There must be something in the water out there (that turned us into mixtape fanatics. ;-)

The Dynamic Hamza 21® said...

Yeah I am born and raised and still live here in Berdoo.